Although I am starting this website, I am referring to it in the plural because I want it to belong to the global Christian community. It does not matter what denomination you belong to. As long as you are a Christian and agree with the Statement of Faith below, you can be a part of this website by visiting it and reading the contents or by contributing articles, photographs and videos.
I have removed all the pages except the Home and About Us pages because, for some reason, people don’t send me anything to publish! For the time being, I have created two new pages, Lifestyle and Politics, which will feature all my posts. All new posts will appear on the Home page and later pasted on the Lifestyle or Politics page.
I really believe that the work of the Holy Spirit needs to be told because it is the ministry of God and what He does specific to the individual will encourage others to turn to Him. His words in I Cor 2: 9,10 “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived— the things God has prepared for those who love him — these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit” tell us of what He can and will do. It would be good to keep a record of the things He does.
So, I am still hoping that my readers will start submitting articles for publishing in the coming new year!
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost would face another judgement.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Adapted from the statement of faith adopted by the US National Association of Evangelicals)
The main purpose of this website is to simply share the things our Lord lays on my heart as I meditate on His Word. I would like others to do the same and look forward to your contributions.
If you want to write, I have listed down some basic writing rules to follow. It would make editing a whole lot easier!
To write a news story, please follow the conventions of journalistic writing. If you don’t know how to write a news story, write according to the following:
- Keep the length to not more that 800 words
- Start with a dateline i.e. the city/town where the event took place and the date it happened. E.g.: Cape Town/Nov 30, 2013:
- State the most important point in the first paragraph, and the rest of the points in the succeeding paragraphs in descending order of importance. Make sure you state the what, where, when, why, who and how where possible.
- Make sure there is, at least, one quote by a person of authority to validate the account. If more than one person is featured, get quotes from the main people.
- State names at first mention in full. They can be referred to by their surnames in subsequent mention.
- Please note that your story will be edited.
- Give your full name as you want it published.
- For the moment, contributions won’t be paid.
- Send your articles/videos to firstname.lastname@example.org
To write a testimony, following are some basic writing rules:
1. Keep the length to not more that 800 words
2. Make sure you state the what, where, when, why, who and how. Include date and time where possible to validate your account
3. First, state the problem, then explain how our Lord/Holy Spirit helped and lastly how you were resolved.
4. Get at least 1 person like your pastor or spiritual mentor to authenticate your testimony. Include his/her email address/es. If need be, I’ll contact them to verify the authenticity of the testimony.
5. Please note that your testimony will be edited.
6. Give your full name as you want it published.
7. For the moment, contributions won’t be paid.
8. Send your articles to email@example.com
If you prefer to record an event, news or testimony on video, that, too, would be welcome.
- Please note that Brideinwaiting.net reserves the right to publish or not publish any contribution. All contributions will also be edited.